Saturday, March 30, 2013

Building up stamina

One of my aims is to build up my stamina or fitness so that eventually I can dance all night if I want to.  Each day I have been trying to do at least 45 mins of movement and stretching.  These sessions have had a belly dance focus.  I am finding it hard to incorporate some of the arm movements because of my dodgy arm so I'm taking it slow and working on not falling over my feet. 

I purchased an ipad app called Belly Dance Fitness Workouts.  I can't remember the cost but it wasn't much.  It is produced by Musicbank Ltd and has a woman in an orange costume on the front.  I'm not sure but I think some lessons are missing, I may find them as I progress through.  I am enjoying it so far and I am able to go at my own pace and modify it for my fitness level.  I also find the voice over soothing.  The downside of this app so far is that some moves are not broken down in more detail however there are over 80 lessons so I may find that this is addressed elsewhere, I'll let you know.

Positives from today - I worked up a sweat and I touched my toes for the first time in a long time so the stretching must be helping.

Thats all for now
Liz     

1 comment:

  1. OK I promised to give you an update on this app and here it is...
    At least a 3rd of the "lessons" are ads for DVD's etc, some of the early lessons are repeated further down the list and there are a few links to videos that don't work.
    I still like the Neena & Veena lessons.
    My recommendation would be that you don't buy it but if it is listed as free it probably can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete