Monday, March 25, 2013

About Me

Hello,
My name is Liz and I live in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
I share my life and home with
  • my wonderful husband Dave
  • my delightful daughter Ruby
  • a stinky dog called Milo
  • five hilarious chickens
I am in my Goddess Years and finally focusing on my mental and physical health.
Overall, life is beautiful!
Why belly dance?I have a vivid memory of being in high school and mentioning to a teacher and other students that I wanted to learn to belly dance, their reaction was one of shock and disapproval. I never understood why. I see belly dance as being beautiful, sensual and powerful. It moves me. I love the way belly dance embraces women of all sizes and shapes and gives them confidence and control.

Why have I created this site?
I have participated in a variety of exercise programs in my life but I never stick at them for very long and I never feel that they fulfill me.
Over the past 25 years I have attended belly dance classes irregularly and with limited success. I didn't practice ... I didn't feel confident in my ability ... I lacked co-ordination ... I did feel sexy.

So what is different this time? I'm going to embark on a belly dance journey that moves at my pace, that focuses on technique before trying to co-ordinate the different parts of my body into a dance. I'm going to do what feels right for me and I'm going to do it in the comfort of my own home ... oh the joys of modern technology. I'm going to search the internet for the people who will inspire me and teach me in a way that makes sense to me. Further along in my journey I may rejoin group classes but I'm not making that a priority.

This site is a way for me to record my journey, my successes and frustrations. I will share photos, video, links and information. I'm hoping that this site will keep me focussed and ensure that I don't give up. This is the place where I will dance as though no one is watching.

S4 equation - What is it?The S4 equation. Success = (stamina+strength+suppleness+sensuality).

No comments:

Post a Comment